In order to make your sex toy last for a considerable period of time, it is important that you clean it properly. Moreover, this should be done for crucial health reasons as well. It helps in reducing the risk for becoming a breeding ground of unwanted bacteria. The following points feature 6 important facts that you should be knowing when it comes to cleaning up a sex toy:
- Know the material: Sex toys are known to offer a great satisfaction with the orgasm they give. However, have you ever wondered about the material it is made up of? It is advised that you take a good look at the packaging and check whether the toy has been motorised. This has a huge bearing on the way it needs to be washed.
- Stay Battery Safe: Always avoid submerging the battery operated toys in water. For the toys with battery, they usually buzz or is compatible as a plug in the wall. You need to be extra careful with these.
- Gently wash the toy: Most of the sex toys can be cleaned with easy by using old fashion soaps and water. However, you would always need to be gentle and opt for fragrance free mild soaps for avoiding the unwanted irritation.
- Keep them dry:In case you have a good scrub for keeping it squeaky clean, you need to make sure that it is dried up completely. This can be done by using a paper towel only.
- Wrap the toy: In case the toy is made up of porous materials, it is impossible to disinfect it completely. Hence, it is very important to use a condom when one is using these with any partner. In case the party is all solo, a simple wash after each use would do the job.
- Store them in a safe place: Store them in a safe place which is free from being getting dirtier. Bedside drawers are one such place that needs to be avoided. You can always store these in the bags in which they came in.